Call for Presentations: 2020 VSF Interactive Series
The Video Services Forum (VSF) is seeking presentations for a virtual rather than a face-to-face meeting due to Coronavirus. It is anticipated that during July, August and September we will hold bi-weekly webinar sessions on Fridays at 11AM Eastern Time, USA.Submit your proposal
This meeting is a gathering of end users, service providers, equipment manufacturers, and others involved with the world of television and video. You are invited to submit a proposal for a technically oriented presentation on topics in any of the following areas:
- Technical presentations on security, attack analysis, encryption, all in relation to professional media and/or transport
- 4K and beyond
- HFR (High Frame Rate) and HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Professional media transport over packetized networks
- Carrier presentations regarding their contribution network offerings and plans
- Case Studies especially those involving the transition to IP or IT-based technologies
- End User Presentations on new production methods, new transport requirements, or other relevant topics
- IT-based thinking applied to the domain of media transport
- Mobile video and impacts of 5G on media production and consumption
- Network monitoring and diagnostics with an emphasis on its impacts on video transport
- Next Generation Television - Transport Implications
- Live sports and the application of IP/IT technology
- Security as it relates to media production and transport.
- Relevant technical tutorials on transport-related topics, or tutorials on new technologies relevant to the VSF
- Uncompressed transport
- Video over Internet QOS challenges
- Virtual Private LAN Service - and its relevance to video transport
- Video compression technologies – including both traditional professional media compression technologies and new compression technologies from other areas that may have applicability for professional media applications
General areas of interest for presentation submissions include relevant protocols, measurement, standards, and provisioning. We also welcome ideas for different topics.
Proposals containing promotion of specific manufacturer's equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
Presentation Submission Information
Speakers should submit a 100-200 word synopsis of their presentation for consideration by the VSF program committee.
Presenters will be notified regarding the acceptance/rejection of their proposal no later than 10 days from the date submitted. Note that the presentation slide decks should be submitted for review prior to the virtual meeting date (To be provided).