Call for Presentations: VSF October Meeting Series - Arlington, Virginia, USA
The VSF October Meeting Series will be held October 3 & 4, 2017. This meeting will be hosted by PBS at 2100 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202, USA This meeting is a gathering of end users, service providers, equipment manufacturers, and others involved with the world of television and video.Submit your proposal
The VSF is seeking presentations for the October Meeting Series. You are invited to submit a proposal for a presentation on topics in any of the following areas or topics related to:
- Adaptive Bit Rate transport
- Human visual/auditory system and perception of video/audio quality
- Security, particularly as it relates to transport of professional media
- Quality of Service
- Quality of Experience
- Measurement and validation of video/audio quality
- Interoperability issues related to professional media
- Provisioning of transport/networks
- Monitoring and remediation of errors in professional media networks
- Status updates on relevant Standards activities
- HFR (High Frame Rate)
- Wide Color Gamut
- Professional media transport over packetized networks
- Carrier presentations regarding their contribution network offerings and plans
- Case Studies
- End User Presentations on almost any topic
- Professional media transport issues
- Mobile video / Mobile video architecture and distribution strategy
- Network monitoring and diagnostics with an emphasis on its impacts on video transport
- Next Generation Television - Transport Implications
- JPEG 2000 transport
- Real-time IPTV tutorials
- Uncompressed transport
- Virtual Private LAN Service - and its relevance to video transport
Subtopic areas of interest are protocols, measurement, security, standards, and provisioning. We also welcome ideas for different topics.
Paper Submission Information
Speakers should submit a 100-200 word synopsis of their presentation for consideration by the VSF program committee. To be considered, the synopses must be received no later than September 8, 2017. Proposals containing promotional of specific manufacturer's equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
Proposals containing promotional of specific manufacturer's equipment or vendor solutions will not be considered.
Presenters will be notified regarding the acceptance/rejection of their proposal no later than September 15, 2017.
Look forward to seeing you at PBS.